Reduced processing costs, faster cycle times, and environmental advantages are three reasons why the plastics industry demands world-leading process solutions. Engineering know-how can make the difference. Linde PLASTINUM® gas process solutions use either liquid carbon dioxide (CO2) or nitrogen (N2), and encompass world-leading gas-assist injection molding technology, cryogenic spot cooling systems, and high-efficiency CO2 systems for more eco-friendly plastics foaming.
Linde offers complete solutions including CO2 or N2 supply, pressure and metering systems. Other processes that rely on our high-pressure inert gases includesolvent-free cleaning and polishing systems for molds and for preparing surfaces of finished plastic parts prior to coating.
- PLASTINUM® GAIM Gas Assist Injection Molding. As a leading supplier of inert gases for GAIM from the beginning, Linde routinely helps injection molders optimize and upgrade systems, and troubleshoot cooling challenges on new mold designs.
- PLASTINUM® eGAIM Enhanced Gas-Assist Injection Molding. Linde engineered the delivery of CO2 in patented new PLASTINUM® eGAIM Enhanced GAIM systems to greatly improve injection-molding cycle times.
- PLASTINUM® TEMP S for Spot Mold Cooling. Linde can help troubleshoot and assist with engineering low-cost, CO2 spot-cooling systems to put cryogenics to work on mold hot spots.
- PLASTINUM® Foam - Foaming with CO2. Ozone-depleting blowing agents such as pentane and butane can be reduced or eliminated using inert, non-flammable, high-efficiency CO2 as the foaming agent.
- CO2 and N2 Supply, Pressure & Metering Systems. Linde offers a range of efficient gas compressor booster systems / transfer stations / and inert-gas metering systems, as well as storage tanks with telemetry-based gas inventory systems.
To help diagnose and meet a range of needs, Linde can perform a thermal analysis of existing molds, calculate existing gas-process consumption, design and engineer new cooling and cleaning systems, and provide support for demos and system start-up.
Contact Us to learn more or to discuss how we can help you.